1. Lorelai has been raving about the coffee at Luke’s Diner since literally the first episode of Gilmore Girls.
2. And in the first episode of the Netflix revival, “Winter,” we finally learn his secret. Do you see it?
5. IT’S MOTHERFUCKIN’ TIM HORTONS COFFEE.
AKA the coffee that runs through the veins of all Canadians.
6. Specifically, it appears to be a 1lb ~value~ size bag of original blend ground coffee. Which sounds like something Luke would buy, tbh.
7. And it’s not just a prop. In the “Fall” episode, Luke can actually be seen making a fresh batch of coffee with the bag.
8. Is Luke secretly Canadian? Was the show giving a nod to Canada, where the pilot episode was filmed? Is there a Canadian troll in the props department?
We may never know. But we do know that Luke’s famous coffee is the same stuff at every gas station, rest stop, and suburban corner across Canada.
<p class="print c"><a href="https://www.buzzfeed.com"><b>Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!</b></a></p>