1. The Harry Potter movies are goddamn great.
Granted, they’re not as good as the books, but they’re still A++.
2. And having a marathon, where you watch all eight films in a row, is something everyone should do at least once in their lives.
But god, 17 hours is a very long time.
4. It opens with 10 minutes of Philosopher’s Stone to ~set the scene~, obviously including the infamous Snape vs Harry showdown.
Bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses, indeed.
5. The second and third movies are pretty much totally cut, except for a couple of Quidditch scenes to transfer us seamlessly into Goblet of Fire.
6. A lot of Harry’s day-to-day life at school is canned, to leave room for the story of Voldemort’s rise to power and all the fallout that comes with it.
The entire graveyard scene is condensed into a memory/montage sort of thing, and it surprisingly works really well.
7. Almost the last hour of the video is entirely devoted to the last three movies.
A lot happens in those, tbh.
8. And, GREAT NEWS! The entrire “19 Years Later” scene is cut, instead ending on Harry reuniting with a loved-up Ron and Hermione after the battle.
<p class="print c"><a href="https://www.buzzfeed.com"><b>Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!</b></a></p>